Things are flowering and turning green, especially after this rain. Thank you to all the late March packages buyers–last week should have been good timing to get them established–continue to feed them as they build up. We are currently wax-dipping equipment for all the February and March “special” orders. If you have any new, unused equipment that you wish to have wax dipped, it can be dropped off anytime (we are dipping today and next weekend)–simply follow the instructions for labeling–pricing detailed here as well. For nucs and hives, we need a 2 day advance notice of when you plan to pick up, as we don’t close things up until the day before for transport. Most mornings before 10 am can be scheduled for nucs and hives, and later times can be arranged. *Packages have specific days and times below. If you haven’t let us know your preferred pickup location during the order process, please do that. If you find that you need more bees, we still have availability for mid-May Carniolan packages (with 2023 queens from Latshaw genetics)
- Early April Package Bees: Pickup at Walnut Farm Bees farm shop in Carlisle, PA: Saturday, April 8, 6am-10am. (depending on timing, may also be available Friday evening). Pickup at Nicholson, PA, at convenient parking area in Nicholson, right along route 11: Saturday, April 8, 5pm-8pm (if you need earlier, let us know as we may be in a nearby bee yard prior to that). Let us know at least 48 hours prior if you want us to bring along any supplies to purchase–we will have feed and pollen patties available in limited quantities, but we can bring larger amounts by request. 1:1 spring syrup with Apis Biologix and Global Pollen Patties with real pollen are now in stock!
- Mid April Overwintered “PA Carniolan” Nucs: Pickup at Walnut Farm Bees farm shop in Carlisle, PA starting week of April 10. Nicholson, PA Saturday evening, May 13, 7pm-9pm and Sunday afternoon, May 14, 2-4pm
- [SOLD OUT] April 22 Beekeeping Class: 9am start at Walnut Farm Bees farm shop in Carlisle, PA. You (and your guest, if bringing a guest) will need to bring a bee suit (at minimum a veil). Nitrile gloves will be available, or if you have NEW bee gloves, you may bring those (bio security protocol—not negotiable if you wish to be hands on). You may also wish to bring a snack, if you will be hungry. We will have a restroom and water available. If you have a foldable chair to bring along, that would be helpful for times you may want to sit.
- Late April Carniolan Nucs: Pickup at Walnut Farm Bees farm shop in Carlisle, PA starting April 28 (there was a small weather delay by a few days). Nicholson, PA Saturday evening, May 13, 7pm-9pm and Sunday afternoon, May 14, 2-4pm
- Starter Hive Specials: Pickup at Walnut Farm Bees farm shop in Carlisle, PA starting April 28 (if you are attending the April 22 bee class and need to pick yours up that day to save on travel, just let us know in advance).
- May Carniolan Package Bees: Pickup at Nicholson, PA Saturday evening, May 13, 7pm-9pm and Sunday afternoon, May 14, 2-4pm
- *If you have any questions about your order, additions, or special requests, feel free to give us a call or send us a message.